Enhancing climate consciousness
Our commitment to making changes within the business does not stop with corporate steps. Helping our employees to take a more conscious role in preventing climate change is also essential.
Employees must complete mandatory training on responsible investment through e-learning modules or live sessions led by our RI experts. We are expanding this in 2021, with more access to training on ESG and climate issues. Some employee and team objectives will now include sustainability components.
We have also instituted profit-sharing agreements linked to environmental considerations. In our largest team in France, employees have their profit-sharing agreements related to paper consumption and other criteria including:
- Reduction of CO2 emissions through the reduction of email volume.
- Percentage of employees having gone through the climate awareness training.
While this scheme currently only applies in our largest office in France, there is scope to roll this programme out to other bases in the future.
ESG and Climate Academy – building employee awareness and skills to act
At AXA IM, we have spent more than 20 years delivering responsible investment solutions for clients and it has become integral to our business. This has positioned us well to make AXA IM a ESG learning platform. In 2019 as part of our efforts to raise awareness about ESG within AXA IM, employees were trained about responsible investment through a mandatory global e-learning module. This programme was built in partnership with the AXA Group RI Centre of Expertise and deployed jointly.
ESG will impact our entire value chain and set of skills for the long term. We wish to strengthen our technical capability at every level and also respond to the demands of new and existing staff wishing to upskill in ESG. This year we launched the ESG and Climate Academy to educate not only employees but also our clients. Beyond our traditional RI e-learning the Academy will also offer:
- Self-learning modules available to all employees about ESG fundamentals and Climate change and its impacts in partnership with AXA Climate
- Interactive sessions of “ESG boosters” to bring key decision makers and investment professionals up-to-speed on regulations, benchmarks and data, issuers challenges, ESG enriched financial analysis
- Master classes for experts on key topics such as net zero investing
- Fast track access to the ESG investing certificate from the CFA
Find out more
Climate Action Report
In our climate action report, we summarise the innovations and commitments that lie at the heart of our climate strategy.
Our commitment to making changes within the buisness does not stop with corporate steps. Helping our employees to take a more conscious role in preventing climate change is also essential.
Our conviction-led approach enables us to uncover what we believe to be the best global investment opportunities across alternative and traditional asset classes.